Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a Christmas Miracle!

I know. It's March. But every year in the Fall my mother asks for a Christmas list. At 25, I don't really expect presents anymore, and mostly if I ask for anything, it's something I need, like underwear, etc. I inevitably end up telling her the first thing I can think of, and then remember something I actually wanted after the fact. She presses me because she still loves to get my brother and I something special. So this year, I'm keeping track of a few ideas as I see them so I actually have a list to give her.

No.1:
I really love this watch, especially the fact that the face on it is so large. Michael Kors has a similar style, but it's considerably more expensive.



I wear one of my grandfather's old watches even though it no longer works. It's still stuck on the last day the battery stopped working, Wednesday the 24th. I don't want to get a new one for it. That may seem strange or creepy, but he passed when I was 12, so it's my way of keeping him close. It's hard sometimes when I try to remember him what memories are real and what things I've made up from dreams of him. He was a funeral director and since that meant he hardly ever had a normal sleep schedule, I remember he'd always eat cereal at around midnight. Funny, huh? I miss him even though I barely knew him as I could have as an adult. Anyway, sorry for the sad story! Do ya'll have any mementos from someone you've lost that you've held on to? I think those are the most precious gifts we have. Or have you started a Christmas list of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment