Monday, February 28, 2011

Do Not Adjust Your Set

I am addicted to television. So much that sometimes I think maybe I should try to give it up. Right now though with grad school, I'm quite certain it's one of the only things keeping me sane. I generally only have 4 or 5 shows that I keep up with, but having never had HBO until I moved to the city, now that list has grown. I've already talked about my Glee obsession, but there are a few others I just can't miss.
By far, my favorite is Mad Men. There has never been a more beautiful show to watch.
I want every piece of these ladies' wardrobes.

I have a MASSIVE crush on Jon Hamm. He is beyond dreamy. He's also hilariously funny.

Not only that, but it's fascinating to experience the world our parents grew up in. There were several episodes where a pregnant woman was drinking AND smoking, and as someone in the health field, I was convinced when they finally showed the child it would have FAS or something. Then one day when I was watching it with my dad, they again showed the character smoking and he kind of laughed. "My mom smoked when she was pregnant with all of us. I don't know how we all turned out healthy." Interesting stuff. Truly though, it was a different world. People get reamed for that behavior nowadays.

My second favorite is Modern Family. This show gets me to tears of laughter on a weekly basis. Every single character is so strong. I literally change my mind every show as to who is my favorite. The writing is hilarious.
Most of the time, Cam makes me laugh the hardest.

This picture is one of the best ads I've ever seen for a show. So freakin' funny.

And now, my new HBO baby, Boardwalk Empire. Gorgeous to watch, just like Mad Men, but not being on basic cable puts it on another level since they don't have nearly the same amount of censorship. I'm so excited that Steve Buscemi and Michael Pitt are finally getting appreciated for their insane talent, they deserve every award the show has gotten so far.
Michael Shannon, first on the left, is from Kentucky =)

Brilliant.

Beautiful Ladies of Prohibition. I would give my left arm for the blue dress...

What are your favorite shows? I'm always willing to try something new. I highly suggest the ones I've mentioned here. But beware. You are likely to become addicted.

1 comment:

  1. love all those shows!! fab!

    http://shesays-susan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete