Sunday, February 27, 2011

Can't Help Myself

I'm LOVING these dresses! Very few disasters today! People magazine and I seemed to have picked a lot of the same favorites. I liked the colors of Cate Blanchett's gown a lot, but really didn't like the circle cutout. I think if it'd been an upside down half moon shape just over the cleavage I would've liked it, but the way it is it looks like the back part of a casket to me. I liked Gwyneth Paltrow's dress, it looked like liquid silver, but really didn't like her makeup. I'm suddenly aware of how b*tchy I sound--these women are all drop dead gorgeous, more beautiful than any amount of doctoring could do for me-- but I am picking my favorite 10 that I thought picked the right dress, hairdo, etc. the whole thing.  That being said, without further ado:

This woman just had a baby. 'Nuff said.

The fashion peeps didn't like this one much, but I think it suits her and like that it's different.

I wasn't sure about it at first, but it photographs beautifully! Jewel tones on redheads-you can't go wrong.

The red looks great on her! And I loved the rose detail.

When I first saw this, I thought ohmygoshherboobsaregonnafallout. But what a gorgeous color, and I love the lace.

Unbelievably pretty and ethereal.


Another KY native! Her figure is insane!

Can you believe she helped design this? I'm so glad it's still young looking. She is a doll.

Once again, I really think I could get married in this dress! Maybe it's too gaudy for that occasion, but I think it could be done.

My FAVORITE. She is impeccable head to toe. I would love to be able to pull off that haircut.
Camila Alves was very pretty as well, but I wish she would smile! The cut on this dress is so simple, but striking. If I'm not mistaken, I think this is the Amsale dress that I fell in love with on 27 Dresses. It was the wedding dress the sister wore in that movie. So simple, but so flattering!



I really really wanted to add Natalie Portman to this list, and I love the color on her, and the hair, but I just didn't think the gown did anything for her? Also really don't care for the earrings.  Either way, if this is what pregnancy looks like, my clock might start ticking. She is just an incredibly beautiful woman.


Off to finish watching the awards. So who did ya'll like?

No comments:

Post a Comment