Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Sartorialist

Living in New York City (home of some fabulous fashion) + full-time grad school= no fundage to partake in any such fashion. Thus, I must live vicariously through the thousands/millions of gorgeous people walking around Manhattan, and try not to drool. Then, through another friend, I happened upon a magical blog called, The Sartorialist. I'm sure this is not anything new to most of the people in the blog world. But in case you're new at this like me, it's a fashion blog by a very talented guy- Scott Schuman-- who photographs people on the street who impress with their dress. What I find hilarious is that Zoolander really proved to be ahead of it's time...Remember the 'Derelict' campaign? The joke being that the guy was trying to make hobo dress chic? That look is exactly what is huge in NYC right now. People are pulling out all the stops to look like they slept in the gutter and dug through a moth ball infested closet from the 70s. It's really pretty funny. Still, as some of the flawlessly beautiful people in these shots show, a few people can actually pull it off.
He also posts pictures from fashion shows across the world as well, sometimes shooting celebrities, designers, or collections. In reality, I will probably never own clothes this gorgeous, but a girl can dream. Thank you Scott, for allowing me to stare at these people-- from the comfort of my home so that I don't get slapped with a restraining order.

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/


Here are some of my favorites:


 I really want her boots.
 I could eat him up. I wish guys still dressed like Sinatra. I was obviously born in the wrong decade based on my last two posts. I'm entirely obsessed with the 50s and 60s.
 Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts.
 THOSE SHOES! And I love the cut on the coat.
 I want that hat!!
 Probably one of the absolute cutest little boys to ever walk the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment